There are a wide variety of volunteer positions available to suit anyone’s talents and interests.
Currently the museum offers the following volunteer opportunities:
- Museum docents: Welcome guests and support school field trips while sharing your knowledge and love of the natural animals, flora and geology that make California’s Central Coast unique.
- Museum store: Come work in our cozy gift shop, interact with a wide variety of visitors while generating financial support for the museum.
- Monarch docents: Spend your time at the lovely Monarch Sanctuary in Pacific Grove, talking with visitors from around the world about our special winter home for monarch butterflies.
- Gardeners: Our Native Plants Garden needs your care. Come help maintain its beauty as you learn about the native flora of the Central Coast.
- Science Saturdays and event volunteers: Become a volunteer for our popular Science Saturdays, lectures, exhibition openings and/or fundraising events.
- Field trips: Whether it be in the museum, the Monarch Sanctuary, along a watershed or beside the coast, come be a part of our amazing education programs.
- Community Science Opportunities: These include Black Oystercatcher Monitoring, Plankton Monitoring, and MPA Watch. These data gathering activities help inform conservation and science in our local area. n
Open daily from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; the museum is at 165 Forest Ave., Pacific Grove. For more information, call 648-5716, or visit www.pgmuseum.org.