Supervisor John Leopold and the Santa Cruz County Department of Parks, Open Space and Cultural Resources invite the public to join us for FREE family-friendly movie nights under the stars at the plaza of the Heart of Soquel Park, 4740 Soquel Dr, Soquel.
The inaugural Family Movie Nights series began May 17 with the smash hit “Coco,” and concludes Oct. 18 with the Hollywood blockbuster “Black Panther.” Sponsored by Dignity Health Medical Foundation and Dominican Hospital, Family Movie Nights will be held on every third Thursday throughout the summer and include free refreshments from local restaurants.
“The Heart of Soquel is more than just a wonderful addition to our system of parks and open spaces. These films will help celebrate its place as a community resource as well,” Leopold said. “I invite all residents to leave your hearts in the Soquel Park and join us for what is sure to be a memorable summer.”
Festivities begin at 6:30 p.m., with movies beginning around 8:00 p.m. or dusk. Low chairs, blankets and jackets recommended.
While picnics are welcomed, no alcohol is allowed. Free parking will be available in local public lots. In kind business sponsors include El Chipotle, Café Roma, Sawasdee and Star of Siam to name a few. Interested sponsors should contact Angela Chesnut at email@example.com.
- Thursday, June 21: “The Goonies” A group of friends find an old Spanish map that leads them on an adventure to unearth a long-lost fortune.
- Thursday, July 19: “Despicable Me 3” In the third installment of this beloved series, Gru and his minions return to defeat a new enemy.
- Thursday, August 23: “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” Dwayne Johnson stars in this 2017 homage to the 1995 original about a game come to life.
- Thursday, September 20: “Wonder” Based on the novel, this film follows the story of a boy with a rare condition trying to fit in.
- Thursday, October 18: “Black Panther” In this superhero epic, the king of Wakanda finds his sovereignty challenged by an adversary.
Events subject to cancellation due to inclement weather.